As a Care Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations. You are to lead and manage staff and homes resources to ensure high standards of service are achieved within the home, exceeding regulatory standards. To manage the budget and ensure the business remains viable and to meet and exceed the key performance indicators for people, quality, and performance.
Finance and Operations:
- Ensure all KPIs are met and achieved.
- Proactively reduce the number of placement vacancies in order to increase occupancy in our Supported Living Homes.
- Manage the designated budget, ensuring value for money is achieved.
- Monitor and control expenditure of the homes spending.
- Ensure Agency cost is kept within the agreed expectation.
- Monitor the young person’s spending of their allowances.
- Authorise and monitor items purchased for the home.
- Investigate and report any financial irregularities appropriately.
- Having a keen eye on budgets and budgetary changes (P&L).
- To manage staff rota, enabling deployment of appropriate staff resources to ensure key tasks are fulfilled, to include provision for back up as required in times of emergency/out of hours.
- Maintain a positive working environment.
- Take on a visible leadership role.
- Drive a high engagement culture through vision and great leadership, coaching, development, recognition and communication to retain our people.
- Robust performance management, including supervision and appraisals.
- Identify and pursue training and development needs to drive succession and talent management of our people.
- Manage people matters and challenging situations, such as discipline, grievance, capability, and absence.
- Ensure the workplace upholds effective systems that are understood, implemented and monitored, with consideration to Company policy and procedure, including those relating to Health and Safety, equality and diversity.
Meeting Standards / Compliance / Quality:
- Ensure that all employees within the home understand their role, so that they are able to undertake their duties and responsibilities to a consistently high standard in the normal course of their duties.
- Comply with all statutory / legislative requirements.
- Comply with the Company’s policies and procedures and all other relevant supplementary instructions.
- Liaise with and co-operate at all times with relevant Local Authority employees and other professionals, meeting their requirements as appropriate.
- Prepare detailed reports for Statutory and Case Reviews to a consistently high standard.
- Meet legislative and Company Health and Safety standards.
- Implement quality assurance practices to monitor and evaluate standards of the individual and of the team performance, to support the company to achieve its objective to continuously improve upon quality.
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Placements / Operations Managers, as appropriate.
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols.
- Carry out other administrative tasks as relevant to the service.
- Motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can-do attitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant management experience is desirable.
- QCF/NVQ Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, or a commitment to work towards.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Working knowledge of social care regulations and compliance guidelines.
- Working knowledge of placement matching processes and procedures.
- An in-depth knowledge of safeguarding requirements and legislation.
£31,720 per year plus benefits
To apply for this role, please send your CV to HR@silverbirchcare.com or complete the the application form below.